----- Original Message -----
From: "James Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "David Balatero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Chin Fang"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Netgear RP114 Router doesn't work well with Qmail POP daemon?

I had a similar problem however my resolve to it was to take an *OLD* 286 I
had laying around install a fairly bare installation of Linux on it and
installed the DNS service. Then I put that online behind my firewall and
added it's IP for port 53 to my NAT/Firewall and assigned it as the primary
DNS server for my qmail machine. That resolved everything... However I don't
know how many of ya out there have old 286 machines just laying around but
you can use any machine you want you can even install bind on the qmail
machine itself the only reason I didn't was I did not want the load of the
DNS service on that machine.

Cheers,

--JT