Rumor has it that Peter van Dijk may have mentioned these words:

[snip]

>file:
>195.219.116.19
>195.219.91.3
>198.30.222.8
>
>tool:
>perl -ne 'chomp(); print "$_:allow,RBLSMTPD=/-yuck fou./\n";'

                                               ^^^^^^^^  ;-)

I'd *love* to use that as my default text, but methinks I'll have to be a
bit more diplomatic.

>Filter file through tool. Add sugar or milk according to taste. Enjoy.

I'm writing a perl script to take my Eudora mbox spam file and extract all
of the IP addresses to put in my tcp.smtp automagically, where i was
planning on adding that line... but if someone with an open relay closes
it, they won't be able to contact me to let me know they fixed their MUA.

But in other words, "live with it." No problem.

Hey - here's an idea: Can you set an arbitrary environment variable (like
DATESET="whatever"), and will qmail ignore it? That way, I could have my
proggie note when the entry was listed, and I can remove entries not
associated with a netblock, say, over 1 or 2 months old automatically...

I'm trying to get a handle on this spam thing, now that mail-abuse.org is
now charging for their services -- I checked out their prices, and while
they're not highway robbery, they're pretty tough for a small ISP to afford.

Thanks again!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.

If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.