On Saturday 26 July 2003 06:55, eti wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Is there any new version of the pooled quota patch that would work with a
> newer wersion of qmaiadmin (1.0.24-1.0.25).

There is a new domain quota patch that actually ships with the newer vpopmail
devel versions (and I think with the newer qmailadmin devel versions too), but
it doesn't play nice with Maildir++ apps.

Basically, if you want to use anything but vpopmail to deliver or modify your
mail, it won't work.

There was a pooled quota patch against 1.0.6 that was less sophisticated, but
actually played nice with Maildir++ apps. However, I don't think it has been reworked
for the newer development versions of qmailadmin.

> The ideea is great and i
> don't understand why it has not been already integrated in qmailadmin.

The old 1.0.6 patch was a hack, at best. It just allows domain admins to rework
individual user quotas within a master domain quota limit. Quotas weren't dynamic,
and admins would actually have to do work.

The new patch which ships with the latest vpopmail devel versions (the one that
doesn't play nice with Maildir++ apps) is much more sophisticated. It allows totally
dynamic, pooled quota allocation under the master domain quota limit, as well as
individual user quotas within that master domain quota. However, as I mentioned
above, the design is fatally flawed in that it does not work with maildir++ apps.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,