At 29/07/03 29/07/03 -0400, Jeff Hedlund wrote:

Alex Pleiner wrote:
I had problems with the following setup:
Two POP3 Accounts [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] and a file .qmail-foo with:
/home/vpopmail/domains/test.com/foo/Maildir/
/home/vpopmail/domains/test.com/bar/Maildir/
Worked like a charm. alias2forward.pl changed it to:
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Now deliveries to [EMAIL PROTECTED] fail (looping).
This problem can be solved but could break existing systems.

Yes, it would break existing systems that have an alias that matches an existing account. The new interface would not have allowed an alias of "foo" if an account already existed with the name "foo". I'm surprised that older versions allowed this. (or did you create that alias by hand?)

I feel old version was correct to allow that, and I hope this way of working remains.

You could need to delete and create again a user, and in such a case you may avoid to lose e-mail creating an alias "covering" that user before deleting the user himself. Initially I thought the same as you, but after working a lot handling users, I prefer much more to have this feature also working on existing users.

Having this possibility help a lot handling "strange" situations.

Tonino

It may be possible for someone to patch alias2forward.pl to check for existing accounts and compare that to the alias and give an warning message to fix that by hand.

Jeff
--

  /\  /\              ..    ..    ..    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 /  \/  \ a t r i x  .  .  .  .  .  .  .           (770) 794-7233

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      [EMAIL PROTECTED]