On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 01:34 PM, John Johnson wrote:
 That is why I have qmail-scanner, plus I have virus scanners on my
Worksation
so I am 99% Safe!

I've been using clamdmail <http://clamdmail.sf.net/> with ClamAV with pretty good success. The program could use some improvements (I've submitted some patches and have permission to build the next release) but it does a good job.

Due to the large number of Sobig viruses coming through though, I've taken to manually adding the sender's IP addresses to my tcp.smtp file so they can't even connect to my server. This has helped greatly, as some senders would hit my server with 100 messages a day. Since the messages come directly from end-user PCs, the blocking will only affect my customers that connect directly to the server if they themselves have been infected. They'll call me if there's a problem, I'll make sure they've cleaned up their system, and then unblock their IP.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]