Greets all,

First posting here and I'd like to report a few problems that I've had
installing and running various Toaster programs on Mandriva 2006.0

First of all qmail-toaster will needs to be changed so that it Provides
sendmail-command

It seems they changed all the mail clients and friends to use
sendmail-command rather than either MTA or smtpdaemon

They also changed how apache is configured. control-panel-toaster will
not longer build since apache2-common is no longer provided. httpd.conf
is now provided by apache-conf

Also, http2.conf and commonhttpd.conf are now merged into one httpd.conf
file.

The toaster.conf file should probably go into the webapps.d directory
for sake of standardization.

qmailmrtg does not show images. When I view the page, I get the
following link for the image...

http://www.nelgin.nu/stats-toaster/bytes-day.png

Now, stats-toaster is redirected to /usr/share/toaster/htdocs/mrtg/
via the alias. however all the images are in /usr/share/toaster/mrtg.
That said, I don't think the problem lies there. If I run index.php
through the cli I get an error

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: html in /usr/share/toaster/htdocs/mrtg/index.
php on line 27

FWIW: Mandriva 2006.0 uses php 5 (5.0.4 is the current version)

Line 27:                 $html = sprintf("%s\n%s<br>", $html, $buffer );

Finally, I cannot get either imap4 or pop3-ssl to authenticate using
either the password file or via a vpopmail domain. To verify vpopmail
works properly I installed qmailadmin and was able to login as the
postmaster, so I know that vpopmail is fine. There is nothing in the
/var/log/qmail/imap4/current log to indicate any sort of problem with
the modules

@400000004373619030086cc4 LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[127.0.0.1], command=LOGIN
@40000000437361903008881c LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[127.0.0.1],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@4000000043736190300893d4 LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[127.0.0.1],
password=testpw
@4000000043736195301322f4 ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[127.0.0.1]

While I'm at it, Mandrake/Mandriva usually installs any web based files
in /var/www/html which I would rather see than using /usr/share/toaster.
That way all my website docs are in one place rather than being spread
around. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I know I can change them at a
later date, but it's a pain since the paths are hard coded into the
files.

That's all for now. Other than that, what a great project.

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com  - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.