In the past 6 months we have added 2 new mail servers (actually 3),
and I have constructed the setup so I can add mailservers as needed.
It is all NFS mounted drives on CentOS 4.2.  Right now, I am looking
at tweeking this out all around.

I was browsing thru the docs about NFS and file systems, and it appear
that Qmail like BSD centric file systems, and is not as fond of Linux
filesystems, in terms of writing to the disk and NFS as well as SCSI.
Also, it mentions it does not like IDE with write caching enabled.

I currently have the following disk setup:

2 - 200 GB IDE RAID 1 (Escalade controller).
These are shared across all mail machines.

What I am looking into is purchasing a 2+ Terabyte RAID 5 hotswap
array, with SATA drives/controllers.  This particular setup
has an SCSI interface.

Here is the main question:

Has anyone had experience with this type setup with Qmail and
what is your experience?
--
Mark Martin, Operations
Frontier Broadband, LLC.