I am trying to install Qmail-toaster on a Fedora Core 5 box, and
started by using the automated scripts. All of the downloads completed
successfully. The first two packages installed without any problems.
The Vpopmail package install fails, with the following error:

checking vpopmail configure options... ok
checking whether we can locate the qmail directory... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-newu program... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-inject program... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-newmrh program... yes
checking for valid vpopmail user and group... yes
checking whether password file entry for the vpopmail user exists...
No vpopmail user found.
Please add the vchkpw group and
vpopmail user. Then run configure again
no
configure: error: Could not compile and run even a trivial ANSI C
program - check CC.

RPM build errors:
error: File not found by glob: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/vpopmail-toaster*.rpm

Now, I have checked, with filters turned off, and the system is
currect: the user and group do not exist. But I don't know what
settings need to be set for the user or the group, and could not
easily find that information on the Wiki site or the FAQ. If someone
could tell me what needs to be set for the user and the group - whole
command lines would be nice, but I can puzzle it out given reasonable
clues - I would really appreciate it. Or, pointing me to a site with
documentation that lays out what I need to do would be equally valid
and appreciated.