I had an installation that seemed to be up and running just fine. I
had been able to log in to Squirrelmail as the users and send
messages. I tried to send e-mail from outside, specifying the explicit
server name since I was not yet ready to redirect my MX records in DNS
to point to this new server. These messages have now all bounced out,
with the following message:

---
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.gitcamerica.com.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Unable to chdir to maildir. (#4.2.1)

---

And now I discover that for some reason, I cannot manage to log in as
the users. I can log into the Qmail web-administration panels, and
change their passwords. I can even log into Qmail's admin as the
individual users. But I cannot log into Squirrelmail to access their
mail. I get the following:

---
ERROR
Unkonwn user or password incorrect.
Go to the login page
---

But I have the username and password correct. Does anyone have any
ideas of what I should look into in order to begin troubleshooting
this problem?