Replies within context below:

On 6/22/06, Eric Shubes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Roxanne Sandesara wrote:
> I had an installation that seemed to be up and running just fine. I
> had been able to log in to Squirrelmail as the users and send
> messages.

Were you able to receive local messages? (e.g. send/receive to yourself)

I did not try, since I assumed that messages I attempted to send would
go out and head to the current active mailserver for the domain in
question.

I have changed the MX record for one of the mostly unused but still
registered domains for the company to point to this new mailserver,
and I can tell from the Qmail admin screens that at least some e-mail
is showing up - almost 99% likely to be SPAM, which is why I did this.

> And now I discover that for some reason, I cannot manage to log in as
> the users.
> I can log into the Qmail web-administration panels, and
> change their passwords. I can even log into Qmail's admin as the
> individual users. But I cannot log into Squirrelmail to access their
> mail. I get the following:
>
> ---
> ERROR
> Unkonwn user or password incorrect.
> Go to the login page
> ---

You used to be able to log in to squirrelmail, but now you can't?
What changed? Did you do something in an attempt to fix the first
problem that might have caused this? Sounds strange.

The only thing I did was attempted to make the DNS changes to put in
the suggested RSA key and restarted BIND.

> But I have the username and password correct. Does anyone have any
> ideas of what I should look into in order to begin troubleshooting
> this problem?

Is MySQL ok?

If MySQL checks out ok, I'd try deleting and recreating the user
accounts using qmailadmin, as I'm not familiar enough to know exactly
what needs to be where and with what permissions to be of any other help.

MySQL is fine. I've checked the users table to assure myself that I am
in fact entering the correct passwords.

I will, alternatively, attempt to add a /new/ user to the system, and
see if I can get into the new user when I cannot get into the others.
That may, at the least, regardless of outcome, offer more information
to others more knowledgable than either of us (Eric or myself) so that
perhaps greater guidance can be offered.

Thanks, Eric.