No. It is connecting to the mysql server running on the same machine.
But MySQL v5+ does not hold even localhost persistent connections
permanently. If it can be set to allow such, I do not know where or
how, as nothing I have found in my.conf or mysql.config speaks to
such.

On 6/23/06, Jake Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Roxanne Sandesara wrote:
> That file has in it exactly what it is supposed to have in it, and
> nothing about MySQL has changed, and the server is not hanging.
> Somehow, I need to reconfigure vpopmail to actually re-attempt its
> login every time it goes to access the database, since it's not
> possible to establish a permanent always-on connection.

I'm sure you checked this file to make sure the format is correct.
Alright, when you say that a permanent always-on connection is not
possible, is the machine connecting to an outside mysql server? I may
have missed some details in the earlier posts, so bear with me please.