On Thu, August 24, 2006 6:47 am, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> Does this seem to be attachment type related?
>
> We just upgraded our toaster to the newest version and found out that
> for some reason we had no problems with small .zip files but larger
> ones did not get  through and .exe files went missing regardless of
> size.
>
> After rebuilding /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp with
>
>    BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M"
>
> removed away from the file everything started working ok.
>
> Though we have not tested with attachments bigger than 32M so if you
> have no problems with smaller attachments, this is probably not your
> problem.
>
> It also might be virus/spam scanning having trouble with such big
> attachments, have
> you tried without them?
>
> Regards,
> Peter
>

> On 8/23/06, Christian Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> in use i have qmailtoaster ist the last stable version.
>> Everything seems to work fine, but when i send an message from a
>> remotehost with a big filesize 32MB, the Mail won?t be deliverd into the
>> Receivers-Maildir.
>>
>> In the qmail smtp log everthing looks fine :
>>
>> 2006-08-23 22:10:51.779560500 CHKUSER accepted rcpt: from
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote
>> <h1206.serverkompetenz.net:unknown:81.169.156.120> rcpt
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : found existing recipient
>> 2006-08-23 22:10:52.127250500 simscan:[18930]:CLEAN
>> (1.20/5.00):0.3306s:test:81.169.156.120:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Also no error Message is given to the Mailsender.
>>
>> ../control/databytes is set from 52 MB to 0 for unlimited
>>
>> softlimit is set to 15 MB.
>>
>> I don`t know where can search now. Any hint ?

something else to chew on:

is there quota set for the user receiving the file? what is the quota set
at?  how much of that quota is "in use" already by mails in the maildir? i
do not need to know the answer, just something to think about.  do
over-quota boxes generate a rejection notice?

i have successfully transferred a 38m (iso)file across the toaster by
editing databytes to 50m using a NOQUOTA account.  that is the only mod i
made.  so i might lean towards attachment blocking or
badloaders/badmimetypes.  you don't mention the file extension, so look at
your simcontrol file to make sure extension blocking is not the reason.
however, attachment blocking should generate a rejection notice.  i just
am unsure if simscan, or bl/bm, or both generate the rejection notice.

i tend to leave /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp alone, and edit
/var/qmail/control/badloaders and /var/qmail/control/badmimetypes by
commenting out all items with a #.  if i can find the time to research
them, i will enable those check again later.  not having those fully
commented by type, like the my doom/zip annotation, annoys me.  i have no
idea what does what in those 2 files.

that means i am blocking by file extension only, and trusting clamav to
find virii/trojans.  am i mad?  time will tell.

if you make any changes to simcontrol, run the simscanmk command and
qmailctl cdb command and test again.

if you make any changes to badloaders/badmimetypes run the qmailctl cdb
command and test again.

if you make any changes to tcp.smtp, as peter has suggested, run the
qmailctl cdb command and test again.

post the solution that works for posterity.

--
fuzzy
(toasting since 04/2006)