On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:51:24AM -0400, Kaven Gagnon wrote:
> Thanks for you're reply, but I already try this without success.  I'm really
> struck... I've check every file one by one for permissions, settings... the
> whole kit!

Well, if you still want to try one more thing on the "old" server, try
disabling SELinux.  Wonder if it could be causing problems...

> At this point, I think to forget about this server and try to make it work
> with the new one that I build last night.  My only problem is that no domain
> and user can be shown in the Web admin panel.  I tried to create a test
> domain with a test user... it work well; I can see it in the Web panel.  I
> double check for difference between this table (new test domain) and tables
> of other domains... they are identical.
>
> Anyone knows how to make my old db appear in Qmail administration site?

Could be a number of problems causing this.  Probably what I'd do (not
knowing the internals of qmailadmin) is enable MySQL query logging and
determine what query it runs against your DB to get the list of domains.

Edit /etc/my.cnf, should look something like this when query logging is
enabled:

[mysqld]
log=/var/log/mysql/query.log

Then, mkdir -p /var/log/mysql and chown mysql.mysql /var/log/mysql and
restart MySQLd.

Try and view your qmail admin, then look at the /var/log/mysql/query.log
file.  You should be able to determine a) what user qmailadmin uses to
connect ot the database with (ensure this user exists and can read the
correct tables), b) what database the user is connecting to (confirm it
exists and user has access to it) and c) what queries are being run.

I'd probably end up running those queries manually from a mysql command
shell to see if they return anything.

Post output of your query log here if you like...

Also make sure /var/lib/mysql/<dbname> that you copied over is owned by the
MySQL user.  Check /var/lib/mysql/*.err to see if there were problems
opening this database when you started MySQL up...

If you connect to MySQL from the command line (as root user) can you do a
USE <dbname> and SHOW TABLES?

Some things to try.

Ray