I've decided to go for the two-machine migration approach, but with a
twist.

1) build a qmailtoaster on a second box
2) migrate the sendmail solution gradually to it
3) put the other box into production for a short time
4) build a qmailtoaster on the production box in an identical way to
the second box
5) turn mail off both machines, copy all mail data and configuration to
the production box
6) retire the other box

Or to put it simply, this:

        Sendmail -> Qmail -> Qmail

instead of this:

        Sendmail -> Sendmail -> Qmail

Because I find the Qmail -> Qmail migration simpler than Sendmail ->
Sendmail, and installing QT is much easier than setting up Sendmail +
extras. ;P

Today I installed QT on the second machine. It was *suspiciously* easy
;P and have a test domain pointed to it. Wow, it just works!

Qmail Toaster is awesome!

Quinn