I googled qmailadmin templates and found only one set of modified
templates, slightly prettier but even worse code -- more tables and
font tags added. I will be launching QmailAdmin to our users in 2
weeks, and so I take the initiative and will hire a XHTML/CSS geek that
I work with to rebuild the templates. The idea will be to format them
in pure XHTML so that any design whatever can be applied to it. Once
done I'll contribute to the list.

As for a consistent admin interface, I think that is very important --
and very *easy* if we start out the right way. However, I see the
interfaces into two categories:

1. "Public" admin interfaces, as used by our customers. This includes
only QmailAdmin for now, but which we will be incorporating into our
"hosting control panel" with a basic spamassassin settings form,
support ticketing system, and a "knowledgebase."

2. Qmail Toaster admin interfaces. These will only be used by our few
administrators who manage the mail server. I'm less concerned with the
consistency of this interface. None of our paying customers will ever
see them. But of course, as administrators OUR joy is also important!
Although I personally will probably rarely use the admin-toaster,
instead relying on command-line tools.

I do think that some QT admins would find it useful to add to and
customize the toaster-admin interface to their liking. If the
toaster-admin is built using standard web technologies (i.e. NOT
compiled C) and structured in a way that facilitates extension, then it
would be easy to add custom screens like the SA stats, or whatever said
admin chooses.

The current admin-toaster interface doesn't suck, but it could use an
improved navigation interface, especially if additional
components/pages are added. I'm happy to join in to help move this
along.