Ryan Gibbons wrote:
I didn't think about using my gmail account.  Yeah thunderbird's threading is starting to drive me crazy.  Like on this thread here, it has listed underneath the thread about Cannon communicate using internal ip :?

geeknoob wrote:
Well, I am also using Thunderbird for this list - but I agree, there's a better way to do it.  Honestly, most of my lists go through gmail, and I'll probably put this one on it as well.  The threading is by far the best feature (that i most commonly use) of google-mail, imo.

~GN

Ryan Gibbons wrote:
So this is the first mailing list I have actually followed religiously with an actual client, not just through the web.  What is the best client to use.  I have tried using Thunderbird, but the threading feature of it isn't too hot, is there something better to use for managing mailing list.

The more I find myself getting into development to more I see them being used, and it is actually becoming difficult to keep up in Thunderbird.  It doesn't match up the threads properly and just handles them funky imho, but that might b/c I'm not use to it.

So what do you use?

The threading issue comes about when people (not to nit-pick) just select a message and hit reply, then delete the subject and body to make a new post. The thread data is still preserved. You're really supposed to send a completely new message to qmailtoaster-list @ qmailtoaster.com when asking a new question to start new thread data.