I'm using GyazMail, which has an option to specify SSL or TLS explicitly. I'm
using SSL for pop3 and TLS for smtp, but still getting two log entries for
SMTP. The log entries show duplicate login entries for about 20 other users,
most of which I would guess are using Apple Mail.

Actually, I'd guess this is not a SSL versus TLS issue, but rather the format
the password is sent in, CRAM-MD5 versus PLAIN.

I doubt anything can be done about it, I was just wondering if it was
indicative of a greater problem.

Thanks,
Quinn