Netnamin / Compusolve wrote:
Jake,
This has been causing problems for several of my customers and is a real pain.
The note on the spamhaus pbl removal list says that users using dynamic IPs which have fallen into a blocked range don't need to apply as long as they're using smtp authentication(?) - but this doesn't seem to help in many cases.
Some of the affected IPs have been listed on PBL and some on XBL.
What is the 'submission port' solution and are there any other solutions?
John
Not really Toaster related, but has anyone else noticed issues now that Spamhaus is merging their lists? I have one server that ONLY uses zen.spamhaus.org in my /var/qmail/control/blacklists and I have had 10 users this week alone (on different ISPs - Roadrunner, Sprint, Comcast) that have complained to me they were not able to send emails from their home network. I move them to the submission port and all is well. Just seems since Spamhaus is merging several lists together that some of the more restrictive ones are being merged into zen. Anyone else had similar issues?
On the newer version of Toaster there is a submission port, port 587, that allows your users to send emails after SMTP-AUTH without being checked against the blacklist. If the user is coming from a static IP you can add an entry in tcp.smtp to allow their IP to pass emails without being checked against the blacklists (still subject to SMTP-AUTH as well, but they would still be able to send on port 25):
66.251.213.44:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD=""