Roxanne Sandesara wrote:
> I attempted to upgrade my Qmail-toaster installation tonight, and I seem
> to have a pretty serious problem. I'm hoping someone can explain to me
> what this error message means and what I need to do about it. I have
> included, below, the entire log of the SSH session for the upgrade.

I see now after closer look that the old qmail-send wasn't able to terminate
cleanly:

> send: up (pid 27656) 2263473 seconds, want down

Process #27656 is your old qmail-send. It's parent process is probably 1
(init), running as root, right?
# ps -ef | grep 27656

If so, simply kill the process:
# kill -9 27656

I think that supervise will then be able to start it up.