ClamAV upgrades should always take place as follows:

rpmbuild --rebuild --with $DIST clamav-new.src.rpm
rpm -e --nodeps clamav-toaster
rpm -Uhv /path/to/clamav-new.$ARCH.rpm
service qmail cdb

I am looking to make this work with "rpm -Uhv", but currently this is
the procedure.

As far as 0.90rc2 being higher, that's an rpm error that I didn't account for.

Thanks,
Erik

On 2/22/07, Eric Shubes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Peltonen wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Natalio Gatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Anyone else had troubles with clamav 0.90?
>
> I just tried to upgrade with rpm -Uvh and this is what I got:
>
>        package clamav-toaster-0.90rc2-1.3.8 (which is newer than
> clamav-toaster-0.90-1.3.10) is already installed. Removing the
> packaage first of course resolved the issue, but I guess this was a
> bug in the packaging...?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

I'm thinking so.

qtp-newmodel (apparently you didn't use that) should have seen 1.3.10 as
newer than 1.3.8. I'm wondering, should any/every *rc* package be removed
before installing the non-rc version? That's often the case. I can have
qtp-newmodel remove any *rc* package that's being replaced if that's what
should be done.

EE, please let me know if that's what we want to do.