Ryan Gibbons wrote:
> One thing I haven't heard discussed or mentioned in the wiki or the
> website is the Direction the developer / s are wanting to go with
> QmailToaster.

Timely post, Ryan. There is a fairly new developers' list where discussion
of this sort of thing has recently begun.

I guess we should add this to the wiki so people know about it. I've created
a flyspray task to have the list added to the mail archives. When that's
done I'll update the wiki with the pertinent information.

> An example is, stay only a mail distribution software, supporting only
> select security implementations. (Seems to be mainly Domain Keys).  Or
> is it the mind set to get into a small groupware with contact maintence
> and calendaring. (Similar to Kolab, but nothing as big as OpenXchange).

TTBOMK this example has not come up. Could be an area for growth, but this
would be a considerable change in scope. The toaster could possilbly be a
part of a larger project in this area.

> I was just wondering, not trying to flame.  I have been using Qmail
> Toaster for about 2 years ... I think.  But anyways it has been real
> good to me, I like the ease of setup but still maintains complete
> control for those that know what they are doing.  And I can forgive them
> the fact it is RPM based :).

No problem. Open discussion of this sort is a good thing. That's one purpose
of having the devel list.

> Either way, just some food for thought.  Maybe even set up a wiki page
> with user input on where they would like to see Qmail Toaster go. it is
> grown a lot and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Me too. :)