From: K Anand [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:36 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] POP3 Issue

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Pierce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> In case anyone was wondering, I ended up configuring pop3 not to look up
> hostnames and it started working again. Thanks for the quick responses --
> the strace tip gave me the clue I needed to realize it was taking forever
> on
> reverse DNS lookups..and after comparing how tcpserver was configured for
> pop3 vs. pop3-ssl and making the changes, I have a fully functioning
> server
> again.
>
> Regards,
> Eric

Hi,
I suddenly got exactly this problem today morning. It had happened some time

earlier also but at that time, it became ok on its own. Today, the problem
is still there. So I tried as you suggested, ie I gave -H in the pop3 run
file. But still I have the problem. In my case, there seems to be aproblem
with mysql connections from remote machines to this server also. Apparently
it is a DNS issue. What exactly did u change ?

Anand