Pardon me for butting in. I am far from a QMT expert, but I am a Mac enthusiast and also a realist.

Instead of simply assuming that the newest iteration of Apple's Mail client is at fault - or not - let's actually constructively try to determine wherein the problem does lie. I am afraid I myself do not yet have access to a Leopard installation, so I cannot perform these steps. But my suggestion would be:

1) Attempt each of the functions that have yielded reproduceable problems thus far, Harry. 2) At each attempt, then check the log files generated by Courier- IMAP to see if you can find associated errors on that end. 3) If possible (not sure if you have a Mac developer's kit handy), seek out the log files being generated by Mail on the local machine, to see if you can find the recorded error messages when Mail makes these attempts.

If we can gather the error messages, we may be able to determine, at the least, what the miscommunication is between Mail and Courier- IMAP. It would seem clear that Mail is sending commands to the IMAP server. And that these commands are not being understood by QMT's Courier-IMAP server. Let's find out what is being sent and make sure that it is in fact correct. If it is in fact correct, then it can be presented as an error to those maintaining Courier-IMAP for resolution. If it is not, but the other systems you have tested against are managing to account for its imperfect structure, then at least you have something to then present to Apple so that they can make the attempt to track down and fix the problem on their end.

Apple may be standards-compliant nearly to a fault, but they are not infallible. Let us approach the situation calmly, rationally, and methodically.

Roxanne