Warren Melnick wrote:
Do you have a properly formatted SPF record in place for your domain?

On Nov 12, 2007 9:50 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> < [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Whom ever helps you will ultimately help me as well. Not only do I
    have this
    problem with yahoo but email to hotmail just plain disappears. Not
    even a
    bounce and nothing in their bulk/spam folders either.

    Mike

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:17:50 -0500, Kyle Quillen wrote:
     > Hello all,
     >
     > I have been fighting a problem with yahoo in that they are
    deferring all of
     > my mail.  Of course I have gone and filled out all of their forms
    and such
     > but I just cannot seem to figure out what is going on and they
    for sure are
     > not getting back to me.  Anyways I think I have narrowed it down
    to be that
     > it is a domain keys problem and that is why they are blocking me.
     Does

    <http://74.218.24.5>) temporarily deferred -
     > 4.16.50.
     >
     > :
     > Connected to 216.39.53.1 <http://216.39.53.1> but greeting failed.
     > Remote host said: 421 Message from (74.218.24.5
    <http://74.218.24.5>) temporarily deferred -
     > 4.16.50 .
     >

     > ly deferred" or "421 Message from x.x.x.x temporarily deferred"
     > errors when sending mail to Yahoo!?
     >
     > If you are seeing the error code "421 Message from x.x.x.x
    temporarily
     > deferred" or "451 Message temporarily deferred" in your SMTP
    logs, this
     > indicates that the message you attempted to send was not accepted at
     > Yahoo!. It is not a permanent error; your system will automatically
     > re-try later.
     >
     > If you are seeing this same error consistently over an extended
    period
     > of time, and you feel that your policies and practices comply
    with our
     > guidelines (described below), we would encourage you to contact
    us with
     > detailed information so that we can help diagnose your problem.
     >
     > For bulk mailers, please visit this page
     > review our best practice recommendations and, if appropriate, request
     > assistance.
     >
     > If your mail server does not primarily send bulk mailings (e.g.,
    you run
     > a personal, corporate, educational, or ISP mail server), please
    fill out
     > this form instead.
     >
     > If you are not the administrator of the mail server in question,
    please
     > contact the administrator directly with the error message you are
    receiving.

For Yahoo, you should have domainkeys setup properly.

For Hotmail, you should setup a null SPF 2 (senderID) record (http://www.openspf.org/SPF_vs_Sender_ID) like this "spf2.0/pra". This solved all off my issues with Hotmail/MSN. Before, I had the same Hotmail issues you describe.

You should also have a normal SPF 1 record.

Google checks both SPF and DK.

Adam