I have implemented this, using QMT as a front-end filter for an Exchange Server...

It's actually simple...
a) Install QMT -- but do NOT add ANY domains (much less users)
b) Add your domain to the /var/qmail/contol/rcpthosts file, eg:
   mymaildomain.com
c) Add the address of your exchange server to the file /var/qmail/control/smtproutes, eg:
   mymaildomain.com:10.1.1.50

NOTE: In my experience, it was a worthless exercise to try to route outbound mail through the toaster as well... let exchange deliver the outbound mail, but QMail sit in front of Exchange on the inbound side. In other words, Exchange should be sitting behind a firewall (or NAT router), and the inbound mail ports (namely 25) should be directed to your QMT system, NOT the Exchange system. (You'll also want to point some type of web interface to the Exchange Server for remote mail access. I use an advanced router to redirect different ports for that purpose).

I hope this helps.... SOMEONE!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
One thing is that spam went way way down while I was using QMT.
Are there any documents out there on perhaps using QMT simply as a pre-processing host? All email coming into the network would go though that first, get cleaned, then continue on to the mail server.

Mike