Thomas M. Jaeger wrote:
> # cat /etc/fedora-release shows:
>
> Fedora release 7 (Moonshine)
>
> The /usr/sbin/qtp-whatami file shows fdr70 (and fdr7064) in the lsiting.  I
> also made sure to use /usr/sbin/qtp-whatami to be sure that there are no
> redundant older copies somewhere that are being accessed.  I still get the
> same "sorry" message.  Could it be that the "Check Fedora" section of the
> script is looking for "Core" instead of just Fedora (as Core was dropped
> from the distro since the release of 7)?

That's precisely the problem. They dropped "Core" from the name and the
script doesn't find the release number as a result.

> This was the issue that Natalio was addressing with the alteration of the
> qtp-whatami script.  The changes made in that script where the addition of
> fdr70 to the distro list at the beginning, the removal of word 2 in the
> check fedora section and OSVER=$word3 relnum=${word3%.*}:

That's the extent of the fix for FC7/8, but it breaks the script for earlier
versions. Here's a fixed version of that routine:
## check fedora
#
b23_fedora(){

BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat

if [ "$word1" == "Fedora" ]; then
  if [ "$word2" == "release" ]; then
    DISTRO="$word1"
    OSVER=$word3
    relnum=${word3%.*}
    case $relnum in
      8 | 7 )
        BUILD_DIST=fdr${relnum}0
        q1_distro_64
    esac
  elif [ "$word2" == "Core" ]; then
    DISTRO="$word1 $word2"
    OSVER=$word4
    relnum=${word4%.*}
    case $relnum in
      6 | 5 | 4 )
        BUILD_DIST=fdr${relnum}0
        q1_distro_64
        if [ "$relnum" == 5 ]; then
          case $QTARCH in
            i386 | $ARCH64 )
              tested=y
              ;;
          esac
        fi
        ;;
      3 | 2 | 1 )
        BUILD_DIST=fdr${relnum}0
        ;;
    esac
  fi
fi
}

Will you edit your script with this version and give it a try? If it works
then I'll check it in for the next QTP release.

> I have not tested this alteration yet as I fear that upgrading with the
> qtp-newmodel might run into issues.

You need to be sure that the packages on the web site have been upgraded for
versions 7,8 before it'll work for sure. I don't know their status, but Erik
Espinoza would know for sure (since he's the one who does all that magic).

If the packages haven't been configured for the version you're running,
they'll be built with the default settings, which probably won't work for
you. If you want to fake it out, the easiest way is to (temporarily) change
the /etc/fedora-release file to correspond to the most recent toaster
version. (don't forget to change it back later!)

> Sory for the rambling, the answer to your question is at the top...

NP