So, having run "find / -type f | xargs grep -i "spamassassin-toaster- root", I find the following:

/usr/bin/sa-compile:my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/var/tmp/spamassassin- toaster-root/etc/mail/spamassassin'; # substituted at 'make' time /usr/bin/sa-learn:my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/var/tmp/spamassassin- toaster-root/etc/mail/spamassassin'; # substituted at 'make' time /usr/bin/sa-update:my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/var/tmp/spamassassin- toaster-root/etc/mail/spamassassin'; # substituted at 'make' time /usr/bin/sa-update: 'LOCAL_RULES_DIR' => '/var/tmp/ spamassassin-toaster-root/etc/mail/spamassassin', /usr/bin/sa-update: /var/tmp/spamassassin-toaster-root/etc/ mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys
Binary file /usr/bin/spamc matches
/usr/bin/spamd:my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/var/tmp/spamassassin-toaster- root/etc/mail/spamassassin'; # substituted at 'make' time /usr/bin/spamassassin:my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/var/tmp/spamassassin- toaster-root/etc/mail/spamassassin'; # substituted at 'make' time /usr/bin/spamassassin:=item /var/tmp/spamassassin-toaster-root/etc/ mail/spamassassin /usr/bin/spamassassin:=item /var/tmp/spamassassin-toaster-root/etc/ mail/spamassassin

So this clearly came into place when I added sa-update in place of RulesDuJour this past weekend. I don't know if that's normal or not, but I'm assuming not, since no one else recognized that path or considered it valid except during build/compile/install.

Chkrootkit found nothing.

My guess would be, at this point, I open sa-compile, sa-learn, sao- update, etc., in vi, find those instances of that directory and redirect them to where they should be? Which would be /etc/mail/ spamassassin ?

Roxanne