Jake Vickers wrote:
> Tom Manliclic wrote:
>> Yes it seem to be responding well now after I did a qmailctl cdb
>> without actually changing anything.
>>
>> But I still have this prompt and smtp slow to respond sometimes but
>> atleast not as slow as before. Could it be that there are several who
>> are trying to connect? How will I be able to check on how many active
>> connections I have for smtp and pop3?
>>

> You'll need to configure Outlook to not use SSL, or purchase a cert
> accredited by Outlook.

I'm not so sure about that Jake. ;)

I've set up Outlook'03 (and '07 I believe) to use SSL with SMTP on the
submission (587) port. I presume it's actually doing TLS. The certificate
isn't the default localhost cert, but it is essentially a self-signed cert
(signed by CA-Cert.org). IIRC I did have to manually add the CA cert chain
to each machine though, which might not be practical for some folks.

So a self-signed cert can be used with Outlook. A purchased cert is much
easier to set up though, especially on anything but a small scale.