From what I have experienced, aliases in QMail Toaster are handled in the vpopmail user database, not with the .qmail files...

Again, from what I understand, the configuration in QMT is that Qmail hands the message off to vpopmail for delivery, bypassing the .qmail files for user directories. I have tried in vain in the past to manually control aliases and mail processing for specific users, and wound up each time making the change in vpopmail vs. qmail.

Just my thoughts.... I hope they're helpful!

Dan

---
IT4SOHO, LLC
224 13th Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-1122

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"We make IT work for small business!"

Jake Vickers wrote:
Josh Hopkins wrote:

So I created a .qmail in the users directory /home/vpopmail/support.mobeustech.com/helpdesk/.qmail

Inside of the file I entered "|/srv/sysSupport/cli/index.php" but the email are still being delivered to the inbox and not being sent to the alias. I must be missing a step. Any ideas? Does the alias file need to be in the Maildir directory of the user?

It's been a long time since I've had need to do anything like this.
Check the permissions/ownership of the .qmail file.
I think your script will also need 755 permissions at the least to run, and be owned by vpopmaik:vchkpw. Also look at your logs and see if they give any information when attempting to process the .qmail script.