Jake Vickers wrote:
Dave Hallowell wrote:

Glad to hear it worked. Now that you have the spec file patched, you can create a new patch for others so they do not have to go through the same process. Move the patched spec file to a new name, and then install the .src.rpm again. Then from the SOURCES dir run:
 diff -Naur qmail-toaster.spec modified-qmail-toaster.spec >> empF-1.3.16.patch
That will give you a patch (empF-1.3.16.patch) that will apply cleanly to the new version of qmail-toaster.
Post it back so others can obtain it, and update the wiki. You're now an official contributor!

Jake,
Please excuse my newbieness. I have created the patch file for empF as you described. I have tested my patch and it works on my system following the current wiki using my patch in step 4 versus the stated patch. What do you mean "Post it back"?  Do you mean just copy and paste the contents of the patch here in an email or something else? Also, isn't this a patch just for those wanting empF on centos4 running qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.16 (with the offending libraries). If so, do I just append my notes to the current wiki entry? I am a little hesitate since I have never done this before. I want to get this right.
thanks,

Depending on how you edited the patch, it should allow anyone who wants empF to use it.
If you'd like you can send me the patch (compressed, zip, gzip, or bzip2) and I'll make sure that it applies cleanly and link it somewhere so that those reading the wiki can download it and use it.

Jake ,
I will try to get this ready today and send to you.
Thanks,
Dave
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Managed Qmailtoaster servers are now available Visit http://qmailtoaster.com/QMTManaged.html to order yours today! Qmailtoaster is sponsored by Vickers Consulting Group (www.vickersconsulting.com) Please visit qmailtoaster.com for the latest news, updates, and packages. To unsubscribe, e-mail: testing-unsubscr...@qmailtoaster.com For additional commands, e-mail: testing-h...@qmailtoaster.com