Hi Jake,
that would be correct. I created the empf patch yesterday and placed into production yesterday. That was my very first attempt at creating the patch. It is by no means stable. I was simply following your suggestion to make it available to others. I understand and do not expect you to debug it. Maybe the best option is to wait for A.M. to create a patch and then reconsider putting it where others can get to it. In the meantime, its working for me.

Since A.M. seems to monitor this list infrequently, maybe I will post something on the empf mailing list and see what type of response I get.

Thanks for your help. If you have any suggestions, I would be glad to give it a whirl.
Dave

Jake Vickers wrote:
Dave Hallowell wrote:

How long have you been running the patch? I'm just loathe to add a patch that I really don't have time to trouble shoot at this point, especially if it has not been tested in length and make cause issues with other things. Once thing I've learned programming in Linux, PIC, and AVR, is that adding a new feature may seem like a good idea now but may cause you an issue later that was completely unforeseen.
Thanks.

Jake,
Are you asking me or A.M. these questions?
Dave

Either, or, both. Whoever can say how long they have been running the patch and what pitfalls they may have run into.
I imagine you've only been running it a couple days, correct Dave?

        For additional commands, e-mail: testing-h...@qmailtoaster.com