Jim Shupert wrote:

> I love this list -- i learn so much -- i have often wondered about
> the same thing... but what if one has 3 domains can you
>
> # vi /home/vpopmail/etc/defaultdomain
> mydomain1.com
> mydomain2.com
> mydomain3.com
>
> or -- for obvious reasons -- can there only be 1 default domain
> or , is it true that  the usrs of       mydomain.com      ( only 1
> line , 1 domain ) can simply use the usr   while the usr of
>  mydomain2 & mydomain3 can still use web mail -- but have to submit
> their : u...@domain2.com.  & u...@domain3.com.
>
> thanks
>
> jS

Another way maybe to set the domain in Squirrelmail.

On my server I can execute /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl and
then select option 2 and then option 1 to set the domain.  I think
whatever this is set to will be the domain that is appended to the
username on login by default.  I can't remember for sure though.  Make
sure to select S for Save and then Q to quit when finished. See below:

r...@server$/usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl

SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Main Menu --
1.  Organization Preferences
2.  Server Settings
3.  Folder Defaults
4.  General Options
5.  Themes
6.  Address Books
7.  Message of the Day (MOTD)
8.  Plugins
9.  Database
10. Languages

D.  Set pre-defined settings for specific IMAP servers

C   Turn color on
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >> 2
SquirrelMail Configuration : Read: config.php (1.4.0)
Server Settings

General
-------
1.  Domain                 : example.com
2.  Invert Time            : false
3.  Sendmail or SMTP       : SMTP

A.  Update IMAP Settings   : 127.0.0.1:143 (courier)
B.  Update SMTP Settings   : localhost:25

R   Return to Main Menu
C   Turn color on
S   Save data
Q   Quit

Command >> 1

The domain name is the suffix at the end of all email addresses.  If
for example, your email address is j...@example.com, then your domain
would be example.com.

John