Mike Canty wrote:
I have a standard Qmail Toaster install on CentOS 5.3 with Spamdyke.  We are
being told of messages not being received by recipients in our domain.  We
are finding this by one user sending messages via an external mail server
(there are reasons for setting them up in this manner), to an internal
account, but when I look at the logs there are no entries for these message
ever getting delivered.

Is it possible we are rejecting messages that do not appear in our logs?
Could that be messages that don't get in the door?  If so is there a level
of log we can put in place to see these messages.

It's just a bit embarrassing, as the mail manager not being able to work out
what is happening.  So any information would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mike Canty

I don't believe a message would be rejected for any reason without a message being written to the smtp log. spamdyke logs from address, to address, and sending server's ip address in all rejection messages.

Older QMT versions that rejected due to SPF would not log a message to that effect, but there would still be a "pid from" message in the log. That's been fixed for maybe 2 years or so though.

If there's no indication of the message reaching your server, I'd suspect a misdirected DNS record of some sort.