I've been under the impression that qmail always sends out emails individually. DJB had a thing about multiple recipients, and rightly so (if some are undeliverable and some are not, there's no good way of handling the invalid addresses). In the long run, they all go out separately anyway. You should verify this. I would expect that 500 recipients would result in 500 messages in the queue, whether they're submitted together or separately.

Rajesh M wrote:
hi

a quick question

is it better to send to say 500 recipients (mailing list style) in a
single email or to send separately to each recipient which will leave a
small around (1/2 second) time gap between each email.

to send to 500 recipients using a mailing list method qmail will do it in
less than 30 seconds

if i send separately then it will be around 250 seconds for 500 emails

rajesh

Hi,

I happen to work in E-Marketing, so here's my five cents (hope it's
helpful!)...

What I am going to say ASSUMES that highest possible deliverability is
what you are after.