I have ran through this instruction set and I have to say that it is great.

The following additional rpms need to be installed...
1. php-devel
2. php-imap

The pecl command needs to be changed to the following,,,
pecl install Imagick json LZF geoip

If pecl fails like it did for me with ImageMagick you should refer to the
following bug...
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18057

After running the pecl command and answering with defaults you need to add the
following 4 lines into the php.ini file.
extension=imagick.so
extension=geoip.so
extension=lzf.so
extension=json.so

I also found that you have to add the user to the database server, I thought it
would do it when I adjusted the sql script with my prefered password, but I was
wrong.

In some of my searches on the web to fill in holes in my knowledge, I found the
following security settings are recommended...
Security configuration
Secure config files:

chown apache:root -R /var/www/html/horde/config
chown apache:root -R /var/www/html/horde/*/config
chmod -R go-rwx /var/www/html/horde/config
chmod -R go-rwx /var/www/html/horde/*/configSecure scripts:

chown -R root:root /var/www/html/horde/scripts
chown -R root:root /var/www/html/horde/*/scripts
chmod -R go-rwx /var/www/html/horde/scripts
chmod -R go-rwx /var/www/html/horde/*/scriptsSecure test.php:

chmod a-rwx /var/www/html/horde/test.php
chmod a-rwx /var/www/html/horde/*/test.phpThanks for the help list.

Gilbert