I'm not getting this error.

I don't have the Scalar directory there on my QMT, but I do have it in the base perl package:
# rpm -qf /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Scalar/Util.pm
perl-5.8.8-27.el5

I believe that the fix on the wiki was inappropriate, for two reasons. First is that CPAN isn't the best way to update perl modules (at least on a QMT host), and second is that it refers to a specific version, which is now apparently outdated. So I've removed this entry from the wiki.

Paco, which perl package is presently installed on your system?
# rpm -q perl
If it's not the latest, I'd begin by updating perl using yum:
# yum update perl

Then we'll see about getting the stock Util.pm module installed on your system.