South Computers escribió:
Sounds like they may have gotten hit with a virus or pissed someone off. I would block the domain from relaying & inform the customer, possibly make them change their email account passwords if it's not a large organization. Ask them to relay through their provider if possible for the time being. Fail2ban would be the best solution for the time being as previously mentioned.

The passwords are all wrong. they are all like:
mail vpopmail[31082]: vchkpw-smtp: password fail (pass: 'edos1kd9') eduardos...@domain.com:201.82.74.70

The domain is blocked in spamdyke, unless they authenticate and bypass the filters, so that is covered. But the smtp sessions are used nevertheless.

I installed fail2ban (from the repos mentioned in fail2ban.org) but cannot make it work with the smtpd. I tried with http://www.mail-archive.com/qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com/msg23951.html but i think it has a conf file missing and the vpopmail is for pop3. I also tried with http://notes.benv.junerules.com/all/software/qmail-spamdyke-and-fail2ban/#more-539 but cannot make it work with the RBL_MATCH filter.

Any tips from satisfied fail2ban users?

Thanks!
Sergio