From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 3:47 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Dovecot?

On 03/07/2011 02:14 AM, mattias wrote:
> Are qmail not using courier?

Courier no longer supports vpopmail, so QMT v2 will be using dovecot.

Dovecot is far superior to Courier in many ways, especially performance.
Users with many/large imap mailboxes have found it necessary to use
dovecot for performance reasons alone.

Some of us are getting dovecot set up on our QMT hosts ahead of the
QMTv2 schedule. This gets us the benefits of dovecot sooner, and helps
to get it ready for QMTv2.

On the devel list, we're presently working on getting the latest dovecot
(v2.0.11) ready for use with QMTv1.3.x. When it's ready for general use,
we'll let folks know here. In the meantime, if you're interested, hop on
over to the devel list. :)

     For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com