On 04/16/2011 10:15 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
Okay - I have now configured a test VM with the latest QMT and the old
manual dovecot 1.x. I then upgraded the dovecot to the new RPM version
of dovecot 2.0. All went clean with no issues. I used the rpm stock
dovecot.conf. The only errors that I got (and they are minor) are upon
start-up I get this:

Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean
config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/toaster.conf:26:
protocols=imaps is no longer necessary, remove it

I don't have this in mine. I don't recall removing it, but perhaps I did. I'll try to look into this at some point. I don't think it's worth rolling a new rpm to fix though.

Warning: Corrected permissions for login directory /var/run/dovecot/login

Tested by telneting to 143 & 993 and I was able to connect just fine.
One thing I noticed is that when you telnet to 143 you get the dovecot
banner. When you telnet to 993 you do not. Dovecot 1.x does the exact
same thing. Just something strange I noticed.

I have made some updates to the wiki (minor). Please check me on them
and edit them if you see the need, or of course, a better way!

Looks fine. FWIW, if you "touch down" to create a file named down in the run directory for a service, then supervise will not start that service. Just another way to keep a supervise'd service from running.

Thanks for your work Eric!

Welcome. Thanks for the due diligence. :)

Thanks,
Scott