On 4/17/11 10:09 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/17/2011 08:06 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
On 4/17/11 9:32 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:

Okay - everyone stand back! I'm getting ready to convert / upgrade my
production server from the manual install of Dovecot 1.x to the latest
and greatest RPM and Dovecot 2.x

*GULP!*

Scott

I have now upgraded my production box to the RPM Dovecot (2.0.11)
version and all went smoothly. It actually seems faster on my client at
home (Thunderbird checking three mailboxes (different domains) on the
same server).

The conversion took about 5 minutes and the instructions on the wiki
were exactly on target.

Thanks,
Scott

Glad to hear this, Scott. Thanks.

I figured you'd like a bit of feedback for all the work you put into the task.

My next step is to take the new machine (VM) I built yesterday and perform the replication (from Jake's video) so that we have two servers running about 10 minutes apart. Nothing like a hot backup if one goes down!

I've tried this before and out of three times I've tried, only one has worked. The bad news on that one time that worked is that the server and internet speed at the remote site was way too slow, so it caused issues and had to be terminiated. The MySQL replication works perfectly every time. It's the Unison part that failed the last two times. Cross your fingers!

Thanks,
Scott