Hi,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Casey Price <ca...@smileglobal.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to hear which hypervisors some of you guys are using for
> virtualizing QMT or just VMs in general. I played around with Citrix
> XenServer for a good 6-8 months last year, very very briefly checked out
> Hyper-V, and currently am running Xen on CentOS 5.7 on a few of my PowerEdge
> 2650's. I also briefly tried out VMware's free one...ESXi?
>
> From what I've been hearing, KVM is supposed to be the new up and coming
> standard. I haven't used it at all and don't know much about it, but I was
> hoping to get some recommendations from others on here. Someone mentioned
> Proxmox on here a few weeks back, so I downloaded Proxmox VE 1.9 and
> installed it on a server I just recently bought the other night.
>
> That's about as far as I've gotten with it at this point, so maybe someone
> can provide some insight?

I've ran my toaster in a centos5 + xen combination and been quite
happy with it. No stability or perfomance issuses whatsoever.

Xen is not officially supported in rhel/centos version 6, but there is
a 3rd party repository for the kernel/xen packages and those have been
working with ok for my dom0 and web server domUs. As qmailtoaster does
not support centos6 yet, I havent tried installing a toaster on
centos6 domU though.

I would be interested in trying out KVM, but for me it has seemed
still a bit immature, so I went with 3rd party Xen. And as time
resources are limited I don't want to waste time learning another
technology as I have a working solution with Xen.

Regards,
Peter