> On 02/06/2012 10:21 AM, John Raley wrote:
>> One of my
clients is moving from a Qmailtoaster server (setup by me) to
>> Exchange 2010 and has tasked me to perform the migration for
them. The
>> problem I am having is that I have to manually
change their Outlook
>> settings in order to switch them to
their Exchange accounts. I need to
>> move the users over in
groups and only a few at a time. I have tried
>> deleting their
accounts on the Qmail server and their new emails show up
>> on
their Exchange account.

> How did you manage this?
>
>> The problem I have is that users still on the
>> Qmail server cannot send email to users that have already moved
to the
>> Exchange server and vice versa.
>>
>> Thoughts or suggestions on how to accomplish this?
>

> I don't know of a way for a single domain to be split across
two
> servers. Other than creating a subdomain to act as a bridge
between the
> two servers (which I'm not entirely sure how that
would work), I think
> your best approach is probably to get all
the accounts over to Exchange
> asap.
>
> You
have my sympathies.

Just quickly thinking here;
Setup the
Exchange before moving anyone over and add the Exchange account to the
user's outlook so they have 2 accounts in there.  You can then set
Exchange to store all incoming mails to the Exchange account even if they
come in from QMT.  Then once you have everyone in the Exchange, flip
the MX so one day they get mail from QMT and the next they get it from
Exchange.  Then go through and move the mail from one acct. to the
other within Outlook and delete the QMT account from outlook.
Of
course this only works if you have few enough machines to do this sort of
sneaker net game.