On Thursday 17 May 2012 06:36 PM, Manikandan Mariappan wrote:
Hi,

I had a doubt in taps that four email ids has been created in server.That one email id is backup id and other three email ids are normal user ids.

Example : Four email ids are :-

t...@example.com <mailto:t...@example.com>
e...@example.com <mailto:e...@example.com>
inter...@example.com <mailto:inter...@example.com>
bac...@example.com <mailto:bac...@example.com>

vi /var/qmail/control/taps

t...@example.com:bac...@example.com <mailto:ac...@example.com>
e...@example.com:bac...@example.com <mailto:ac...@example.com>
inter...@example.com:bac...@example.com <mailto:ac...@example.com>

When a mail has been send from t...@example.com <mailto:t...@example.com> to e...@example.com <mailto:e...@example.com> and put cc as inter...@example.com <mailto:inter...@example.com>. I login and check bac...@example.com <mailto:bac...@example.com> email id, send mail and incoming mail only one copy is delivered. But my questions is two mails should be delivered because two users should coming inside the mail but only one mail has been triggered in backup mail id. How it is possible...
Only one mail will be triggered by taps in your example - one per message. Let me pose a question to you : what do you think should happen if you send a mail from t...@example.com to t...@example.com ?

Bharath