From: Sebastian Grewe [mailto:sebast...@grewe.ca]
Sent: 14 January 2014 06:55 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: ***SPAM*** Re: [qmailtoaster] No package compat-libf2c compat-libgcc
compat-libsdc++-33 available

As for your issue: change the run file and increase the memory softlimit. That
should fix those memory issues.

Cheers,

Sebastian

On 14.01.2014, at 17:51, "Wicus Roets" <wi...@r4c.co.za> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve completed a NEW installation of qmailtoaster on a virtual Centos 6 x86_64
server, though not without a few curve balls.

Thanks to Dan, the only reason I have vqadmin working is as I could download
his compiled ..rpm after digging the archives. Attached is his “QMT-CentOS6”
script which I “extracted”& “fixed” from an old mail. ( As it isn’t on the
mirror4 or mirror9 sites any more)

However, though all seems and looks fine at present, the following dependencies
failed when the cnt5064-deps.sh script was run during the initial setup stages

No package compat-libf2c available.

No package compat-libgcc available.

No package compat-libsdc++-33 available.

Regardless, I soldiered on, as “rpm –qa | grep compat-“ reflected the following
packages on the system

compat-gcc-34-c++-3..4.6-19.el6.x86_64

compat-gcc-34-3.4.6-19.el6.x86_64

compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-144.el6.i686

compat-glibc-2.5-46..2.x86_64

compat-libf2c-34-3.4.6-19.el6.x86_64

compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6.x86_64

compat-glibc-headers-2.5-46.2.x86_64

As mentioned, except for vqadmin, all the other packages compiled fine.
(vqadmin having been downloaded & installed as an rpm from Dan’s site)

The final step though, being to implement qmailtoaster-plus. However, the above
dependencies are back to haunt me when I run “qtp-newmodel”, as seen below

qtp-dependencies v0.3.2

qtp-install-rpmforge v0.4.0 - getting latest version of rpmforge-release .....

qtp-install-rpmforge - rpmforge-release-0.5.3-1.el6.rf.x86_64 is installed,
upgrading to 0.5.3-1

qtp-install-rpmforge - your distro/ver is not supported by RPMforge, exiting.

qtp-dependencies - installing  compat-libf2c compat-libgcc compat-libsdc++-33

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto

* base: ftp.is.co.za

* centosplus: ftp.is.co.za

* extras: ftp.is.co.za

* rpmforge: ftp.is.co.za

* updates: ftp.is.co.za

Setting up Install Process

No package compat-libf2c available.

No package compat-libgcc available.

No package compat-libsdc++-33 available.

Error: Nothing to do

qtp-dependencies - installation of base dependencies failed, exiting

qtp-newmodel - dependent packages processing failed, exiting

Instructions as per
http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/trac/wiki/WikiStart#a1-InstallQTPRepository were
followed and the repositories I had added are

                Rpmforge

                Qmailtoaster-plus

Though I expected a working qmail toaster, softlimits seems to be yet another
issue to deal with… IMAP (port 143) works.  SMTP (port 25) & submission (port
587) not…

SMTP was resolved by changing the softlimit from 20M to 65M within
/var/log/qmail/smtp/run at the time /var/log/qmail/smtp/current log reflected
“/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypt.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory”

However, with submission (port 587) changing or even uncommenting the softlimit
within /var/ qmail/supervise/submission/run had no effect and
/var/log/qmail/submission/current simply keeps on reflecting
“/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: error while loading shared libraries:
libselinux.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate
memory” with every send test. In earlier tests however, the log stated
“/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: error while loading shared libraries:
libmysqlclient.so.16: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate
memory”

Virtual machine’s memory stats being

Mem:          1877        816       1060          0         27        297

-/+ buffers/cache:        491       1385

Swap:         2015          0       2015

Would the solution be as simple as a repository I would need to
included/exclude for the dependencies that failed with qmailtoaster-plus,
thereby removing the compat libs I currently have ?

I’m dumbstruck …

  _____

<QMT-CentOS6>