On 03/16/2014 03:20 PM, Thomas M Jaeger wrote:
On 03/16/2014 05:23 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:

The dovecot package included with COS doesn't have the vpopmail option
included in the build, so it can't authenticate against vpopmail
accounts. I'm guessing that might have been your problem.

Which dovecot version did you install? (or how did you install it?)

I followed what I interpreted from the qmailtoaster wiki:
*Install ***

RPMS are available for CentOS 5 i386 and x86_64 in the QmailToaster-Plus
(QTP) repository <http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/repos>. If your QMT is
running an available distro/version/arch and you have
qmailtoaster-plus.repo installed, you can use yum to install dovecot:

# rpm -Uvhhttp://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/trac/downloads/1
# yum --enablerepo=qtp-CentOS install dovecot

If your QMT is running on a different distro/version, you'll need to
download the source rpm, then build and install the binary rpm for your
distro/version, e.g:

# cd /my/rpmbuild/SRPMS
# wgethttp://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/repos/SRPMS/dovecot-2.0.11-2.qtp.src.rpm
# rpmbuild --rebuild dovecot-*.src.rpm
# rpm -ivh ../RPMS/*86*/dovecot-*.rpm

That might not work exactly, but you get the idea.

/var/log/yum.log shows this dovecot version/package:

Mar 13 11:58:51 Installed: dovecot-1.0.7-8.el5_9.1.x86_64
Mar 14 14:55:09 Erased: dovecot

Checking the qtp.qmailtoaster.com link now...there seems to be an issue
with the site?  Is there a different server (that needs to be updated on
the wiki)?

I hope this is, otherwise, great news; that I can do the manual rebuild
successfully.  If there is an easier change for the CentOS REPO yum
install (replacing or editing configure files), is that info somewhere
here (in the mailing list)?  Or do you have a different strategy to
try?  I didn't see a Dovecot install option in the qtp-menu.  (Maybe I
missed something...?)

Thank you, again!

--

Thomas M. Jaeger

Sorry about QTP. Disk drive filled up. It's back now.

Looks like you have an incompatible version of dovecot all right.

I wouldn't bother building your own package.

You can go with the qtp version, but that's a little old.

I'd use the version here:
http://mirrors.qmailtoaster.com/testing/CentOS/5/x86_64/
I have this version running in production on COS6/i386 with no problems. It should be fine on COS5.