On 10/10/2014 06:15 AM, Quinn Comendant wrote:
I'm migrating a qmailtoaster installed in 2006 to a new server. I've come to an
issue where the vpopmail-toaster package creates user vpopmail with group
vchkpw:

        {q@oak2/0 bin} groups vpopmail
        vpopmail : vchkpw

However, on the old server, the vpopmail user was setup with group vpopmail:

        {q@oak/0 ~} groups vpopmail
        vpopmail : vpopmail

This is a problem because on the new server the vpopmail group was never
created, and so rsync'ed data doesn't result in having the correct group when
it arrives.

Was this a design change at one point, and what was the reason for it?

I'm not sure. It's been vchkpw as long as I can recall. I started using QMT around May'06 IIRC.

Recommended solution?

I'd simply "chgrp -R /home/vpopmail/domains/* vchkpw" after the rsync.

Also, is there an official source code repository for QMT? I tried to find the
history of the vpopmail-toaster.spec to see when this change was introduced but
didn't see any.

Sure is. It's in the same repo as everything else. You'll see SRPMS directories in the current/ and testing/ branches. There's also an archive/rpms directory on some of the mirrors, which contains all rpms back to Jan'06. If you go to http://mirrors.qmailtoaster.com/archive you may or may not find it. It'll always be on mirror1.qmailtoaster.com, although downloads from that site won't be the quickest.

Thanks for asking. This info should be on the wiki.

Thanks!

Quinn