I moved from a CentOS-5 box to a CentOS-7 box last year, so I did a full migration/upgrade. It works, but I just want to make sure I did things the right way.

In my /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp file I have QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan"

I do NOT use domainkeys or DKIM and still have my qmail-queue -> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-dk

Maybe I had a problem with that link and muddled around and changed it to "simscan" but I don't remember.

Here are some versions on my machine.


systemd service:    clamav-daemon.service:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:     clamav-daemon.socket:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:         clamav-freshclam:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    spamd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                  dovecot:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                  mariadb:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    httpd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                     ntpd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                     sshd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                  network:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    crond:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                    acpid:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                      atd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                   autofs:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:                   smartd:       [  OK  ]
systemd service:               irqbalance:       [  OK  ]

Please advise as to the right way to do this.

Thanks, Gary

On 2/1/2018 12:43 AM, Eric Broch wrote:
Hello list,

If anyone has upgraded qmail lately, especially those of you who DO NOT use domainkeys and those who DO use dkim, remember that an upgrade overwrites the qmail binaries (/var/qmail/bin). This could affect domainkeys, which you really shouldn't use anymore IMHO, and DKIM signing.

1) Domainkeys: If you DON'T use domainkeys and you've upgrade you might have to unlink qmail-queue from qmail-dk and link (ln -s) it to qmail-queue.orig. Another approach is to simply change QMAILQUEUE in /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp (below).


2) DKIM: On upgrade the perl script 'qmail-remote' which calls 'qmail-remote.orig', will be overwritten...run the following commands

#   wget -O /var/qmail/bin/qmail-remote https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qmtoaster/dkim/master/qmail-remote

# chown root:qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-remote

# chmod 777 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-remote

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Comments and suggestions please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: qmailtoaster-list-unsubscr...@qmailtoaster.com For additional commands, e-mail: qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com

Reply via email to