Do you want a certificate from a signing authority?

On 8/16/2018 1:53 AM, ChandranManikandan wrote:
Hi Eric,

I have one doubt regard the create certificate.

I have gone through this link https://www.qmailtoaster.org/ssl.html

It was showing the six steps.
Do i need to complete all the six steps or just use only the below second steps only for my server COS 6 & 7 32 and 64 bit.
Please help me.

 1. Application: Self-Signed Certificate
     1. # openssl genrsa -out x.key 2048
     2. # openssl req -new -key x.key -out x.csr
     3. # openssl x509 -req -days 3650 -in x.csr -signkey x.key -out x.crt
     4. # cat x.crt x.key > servercert.pem
     5. # chmod 644 servercert.pem
     6. # chown root:qmail servercert.pem
     7. # cp -p servercert.pem /var/qmail/control