Crikeys, I'll have to double check with the other admin that she didn't do
something without telling me, or we have a different serious problem.

That looks to have solved the AUTH issue, though.

Thank you for the quick and excellent help, Eric.  I only wish I had the
knowledge level to be this helpful to the rest of the group.