Chandran:

Just a long shot but check your dovecot settings in the /etc/dovecot/ directory and make sure SSL encryption is optional - not required. Also, dovecot would be looking for an SSL certificate. We always point that setting to the SSL certificates at /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem. And although complicated to setup we get our mailserver certs from Lets Encrypt.

Jeff